I bought this pattern from e-bay and just love it. Simple lines with top stitching details and raglan, batwing sleeves that I hoped would emphasise my waist. I also loved the decorative dart details at the waist, something I had only just learned about and was eager to try.
I wasn’t sure what fabric to use but felt it would work well with something quite dark and plain, especially as I wanted it as a winter dress. I settled on some black and grey mottle-patterned cotton. Making the dress was not tricky. The size worked well even though it was a 36 inch chest and I am a 38 – the shape of the top was very forgiving. I lengthened the skirt and did take the fullness out of the lower skirt quite a lot as it was A lined but I wanted something a little more sleek and slender. I do like an A line, but I thought straighter suite me better in this instance. I basically took it in as far as I could without infringing on my ability to walk in it (I make clothes to wear and walk quite a lot) without the need to add a split. The only other change I made was that I didn’t include a button at the collar. When completed, I thought it made it look a bit severe. So, minimal alterations from the original and I got this little beauty. I absolutely love it and feel that it is both flattering and comfortable – a winning combination!